My request to expedite the I-130 has been approved what next

Miami, FL |

as a permanent resident i file an I-130 last year for my 3 year old daughter....i am being processed through the california office. after not hearing anything my daughter turned 5 this may i put through a request to expedite a week later i received an approval of that request i am told my case is being pulled and routed for review....what is the wait time on this issue and if approved what can i expect to happen after this....I am from the caribbean island of St. Kitts so our green cards usually process through there any way i can get my daughter's greencard be processed in the US to avoid expensive travel cost

Since you a green card holder petitioning for you daughter, the approximate waiting time is two years. Where her green card processing will take place depends on whether she lives in the US or abroad, and if she resides in the US, what her immigration status is.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Hello. Next you will have to see if an immigrant visa nu her is available. Once that is available then you will néed to apply for your daughter's permanent residence. If she is abroad then the application is filed with the Department of State. Good luck.

Your post does not ring right. It seems you are confused and need a consultation with an immigration attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)