My religious organization is discriminating against me. What can I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Malden, MA

I had a verbal disagreement with few ppl from my religious organization about 2 years ago. Unfortunately those ppl are the ones that rules the organization and everyone in the organization listens to them. So after the fight they've been keeping me and my family away from all the organizational programs and they have been telling other ppl that I've been kicked out of the organization. But over the last 2 yrs I've been paying my organizational bills. So these ppl have been accepting my money but kept me away from all the events. Few friends of mine tried to come to a solution by trying to arrange few talks but the individuals that I had fight with are dismissing any chance of any talk. This has been taking a toll on me mentally. What can I do against those ppl or the organization?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . There is nothing from the legal realm that you can do against the organization or the individual members. Yes, they are discriminating against you. But the discrimination is personally based, not based on a protected classification (race, religion, etc.) or protected activity (union organizing, claiming industrial injury, etc.). And you are not an employee. Discrimination in the context and manner you describe is painful and offensive but it is not unlawful. Find a new organization and move on with your life.