My religious organization is discriminating against me. What can I do?

Malden, MA |

I had a verbal disagreement with few ppl from my religious organization about 2 years ago. Unfortunately those ppl are the ones that rules the organization and everyone in the organization listens to them. So after the fight they've been keeping me and my family away from all the organizational programs and they have been telling other ppl that I've been kicked out of the organization. But over the last 2 yrs I've been paying my organizational bills. So these ppl have been accepting my money but kept me away from all the events. Few friends of mine tried to come to a solution by trying to arrange few talks but the individuals that I had fight with are dismissing any chance of any talk. This has been taking a toll on me mentally. What can I do against those ppl or the organization?

1. There is nothing from the legal realm that you can do against the organization or the individual members. Yes, they are discriminating against you. But the discrimination is personally based, not based on a protected classification (race, religion, etc.) or protected activity (union organizing, claiming industrial injury, etc.). And you are not an employee. Discrimination in the context and manner you describe is painful and offensive but it is not unlawful. Find a new organization and move on with your life.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.