My realtor requires I maintain the law, but previous tenants didnt maintain, now I am regrowing.

Asked over 1 year ago - Colorado Springs, CO

So as the title suggests? My realtor requires me to water and maintain my lawn, however the previous tenants did nothing and now its mostly sand and tumble weeds.

I have kids so I want grass, and the yard looks terrible next to the rest of the neighborhood so I have decided to regrow the grass. Could I save receipts and charge equipment and labor for regrowing the grass? Or should I just eat the costs so as to not make my realtors upset with me since I just moved in and plan on being here a few years?

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

3

Answered . If you have a contract with the realtor to maintain the lawn, you need to maintain the lawn. If you plan on staying there for years, I seriously would just eat the costs and not push the issue for reseeding the lawn and growing the grass. It is a small price to pay for finding a place that you really enjoy.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . Charge the cost to who? The prior tenants? Unless I've missed something, you don't get to go after them. Did you see the lawn prior to entering a contract to maintain it? Lots of questions unanswered here so I can't really give you much guidance.

What I can tell you -- as has Mr. Leroi -- is that if you entered into a contract, you must live up to the contract.

Good luck! DD