My R-1 visa has just been revoked. What are my options?

Asked about 1 year ago - Bradenton, FL

I received the visa on the prospect of getting funds to implement a community based program from the church pending funds from an outside organization. However, the funds have not been materialized and I have to find work elsewhere to support my family. It was revoked on the basis of not working with the church but elsewhere

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . Leave Unites States and immediately. You are out of status.

2. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

2

Answered . You are not in a legal immigration status, so you will want to speak with an attorney as soon possible about what--if any--options are available.

Jeff Khurgel
    Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- Representing Clients in All 50 States
    Office (949) 509-6515
    Web www.khurgel.com
    Email info@khurgel.com

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Options depend on facts. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your options are.

4. Brian Haksoon Lee

1

Answered . Which agency revoked the visa? Did you apply for extension? If you are in the US, and your petition for extension is denied, you are likely accruing unlawful presence in the US, which may lead to 3 year 10 year bar depending on whether it's more than 180 days or a year. Also, you may be out of status, which basically means you cannot apply for change of status in the US. You have very limited options, if any, and it will depend on your factual situation, so you should consult an immigration attorney immediately.