My R-1 visa has just been revoked. What are my options?

Asked about 1 year ago - Bradenton, FL

I received the visa on the prospect of getting funds to implement a community based program from the church pending funds from an outside organization. However, the funds have not been materialized and I have to find work elsewhere to support my family. It was revoked on the basis of not working with the church but elsewhere

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Leave Unites States and immediately. You are out of status.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Jeff L. Khurgel


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are not in a legal immigration status, so you will want to speak with an attorney as soon possible about what--if any--options are available.

    Jeff Khurgel
    Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- Representing Clients in All 50 States
    Office (949) 509-6515

    Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Options depend on facts. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your options are.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  4. Brian Haksoon Lee

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Which agency revoked the visa? Did you apply for extension? If you are in the US, and your petition for extension is denied, you are likely accruing unlawful presence in the US, which may lead to 3 year 10 year bar depending on whether it's more than 180 days or a year. Also, you may be out of status, which basically means you cannot apply for change of status in the US. You have very limited options, if any, and it will depend on your factual situation, so you should consult an immigration attorney immediately.

    Law Office of Brian H. Lee, San Jose, California, 408.246.6710 This is general information, not legal advice.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,003 answers this week

3,141 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,003 answers this week

3,141 attorneys answering