My question is regarding opening a business on F1 visa. I am currently F1 student.

Asked 12 months ago - Columbia, MO

My question is regarding opening a business on f1 visa. I am currently F1 student. I am planning to open my business with a partner( citizen of USA). I am planning to invest 20% or 50% to the business. As a student, i am not allowed to work but i am eligible to receive dividends. Is it possible to obtain H1 visa to work in my bisiness when i am done with school? Can i work at my own business as a part of OPT program?

Thank you for your help.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Invest but not work and receive profits ... VERY TRICKY ... talk to a lawyer

H visa? Highly unlikely .. .unless it is a large business with a good track record of having several other employees.

OPT work? Maybe, talk to your foreign student adviser.