My question is regarding age descimination. Been with the Co. for about 6 years. Also racial discrimination.

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I've been with the Company for about 6 years. Went from route man to field supervisor, and was recently de-moted to route mechanic. I was transferred to an office where all the black employe are sent. I made an age discrimination complaint against a mid level supervisor, and manager pulled me into his office and threatened my job and made me withdraw my complaint. The company has segrigated all black employe's to a remote office, and reserved the main office for hispanic employe's. In my job I need certain support and materials, and I'm regularly denied. My major question is should I make another EEO type complaint to the HR department. How would it protect me?

Oh yeah I'm 60 years old, and beginning to show some grey hair. The company general manager touts that he wants a young dynamic staff

1. Dennis Michael Phillips

Answered . You and the other discriminated employees should consult an employment lawyer, like Ben Murphey on this list 954-525-2345, to see whether all of you have a class action or other redress for this apparently systematic discrimination. If you push this, your job will probably come to an end; so be sure to also contact a guy like me to transfer your retirement accounts and to replace your group benefits.
    dennis@411financial.com

2. Jonathan Edgar Pollard

Answered . You may be facing both age and race discrimination. If you have been demoted and replaced by a younger worker, that my provide a basis for an age discrimination claim. On the other hand, if all or nearly all of the black employees are being sent to a remote office, and all the Hispanic employees remain at the main office, that may give rise to a race discrimination claim.

You should contact an employment lawyer and then contact the EEOC to file a charge of discrimination. Filing a charge with the EEOC is the first step in the process. Once you have filed a charge, it will give you some degree of protection, because your employer will probably be very hesitant to turn around and fire you (for fear of getting hit with a retaliation claim).

Bottom line: Contact an employment attorney.

Jonathan Pollard
    www.pollardllc.com
    954-332-2380

3. Justin G. Randolph

Answered . Definitely contact an attorney. Sounds like there is something there worth pursuing.