Skip to main content

My question is in the personal injury form. Please workman comp AT&T. Look in there. Ivenever consulted a attorney on either.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

I've been injured on the job which has lead to two back surgeries. I've been P&S on both the one in 2009 they gave me 14000 for the first surgery which rated me 13%. I've now had another surgery in 2012on my back to. They have endow 17% P&S on this one. But have not paid me PD.they say I mde of had a overpay of TD to which they have to sort out. Mt permanent disabilities made me not return to work cause they could not accommodate them. I've recently applied for disibility industrial retirement in may 2013 n was granted on aug2013. Can I recieve more compensation then what they have given me so far and how do I make them give me the PD on this past injury. I'm now retired from the state of California job but I think they owe me more then the 14000 granted from first surgery and more.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


Please consult an attorney in your area either through this website or through The money owed is not based on how many surgeries you have had. It is based on what that percentage is. An attorney could help assess whether there is more that can be done to obtain a fair percentage for you which translates to more money


A local workers compensation lawyer should be retained to properly evaluate your claim, and to ensure you get the benefits to which you are entitled.


You absolutely need to retain a workmen's comp lawyer, now.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Call a comp. lawyer ASAP. I can recommend one if you need it.


Workers compensation is a specialty area in the law. I respect that you've never needed an attorney in your life and that you are now retired. But, now is the time to consult with one of the good AVVO workers compensation attorneys in your jurisdiction. The insurance company and the employer have their own interests in mind and that does not include optimizing the claim of the employee or even informing you of all that is available to the injured worker. Here's more: Blue-Link-Below

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


If you are unable to return to work you should get an attorney to assist you I would also recommend you apply for soc sec disability if you are under 65


Are you aware that the alleged TD overpayment is often negotiable? Do you know if the doctor rated your back injury correctly? Are there other body parts you should also be alleging are work related? Are you happy with your workers' compensation medical care or would you rather buy out your right to future medical care? Are you experienced in negotiating with State Fund? All of these questions highlight why you should have a reputable WC attorney representing your interests.


There may or may not be more money for you, but you will surely need a good WC Attorney to sort it out. I know some excellent Attorneys, and some excellent Attorneys know me.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer