Skip to main content

My question is how can i goto the police without getting arrested when i have warrant and a false charge put on me!

Massachusetts |

my mother put an restraning order and charge on me that are false statement

Attorney Answers 4


When you have a warrant on you, the police will arrest you if they see you. You won't be able to talk the police into not arresting you. They do not care if the charges against you are false, all that matters is that you have a warrant and they will arrest you. Do not speak to the police about your case; they don't want to hear your side of the story and will try to get you to admit some wrongdoing that can be used against you at later. The time for you to tell your side of the story is at trial. I advise you to hire a lawyer to go with you to the court that issued the warrant and remove the warrant. The longer you wait, the less likely the judge will release you after you remove the warrant. Handle the criminal charges against you with the help of the lawyer, who will investigate the allegations and devise a strategy to defend you at trial. Abide by the terms of the restraining order: the issuance of a civil restraining order against you is not a criminal action, but violation of that civil order is a crime. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I agree with Mr. Pang. Hire an attorney and let him/her speak on your behalf. He/she will also be able to surrender you on the warrant without too much difficulty to you.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful


I agree with my colleagues, you need the advice and assistance of an attorney in your area who can help you deal with the warrant the charges.

Mark as helpful


I too agree with Atty. Pang as you should have your lawyer do the talking for you. You should have the warrant removed by appearing in court with your lawyer and promising to return on the next scheduled date. Please do not contact or attempt to smooth things over with your mother at ths time as any contact could be charged as a criminal offense.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics