My question is can the DA offer me a deal ,if I am claiming my innoccents of a crime. How long can he be keep in jail ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Huntsville, TX

My son has not been indicted for this alegged crime that he committed June 2012. They have no physical evidence only a so called wittness.

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . If he has been in jail more than 90 days without being indicted, then he is (for most situations) entitled to a PR bond or bond he can make. Talk with his lawyer about this. (Although, I often find that people are mistaken about whether or not they are indicted because it is not something that the accused is usually involved in.)

The DA offers deals because they do not believe the accused is innocent.

No physical evidence is necessary to convict someone of a crime. If a jury believes a witness beyond a reasonable doubt, that is enough.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

2. Brett Heath Knight

5

Answered . The crime your son is being charged with depends on if he can be released on bail. In Alabama, every crime, except capital murder, requires the Judge to grant a reasonable bond.

This, as well as him being given an attorney if he cannot afford one, should happen in the first week of your son being arrested.

As to the offer by the DA, he is allowed to make an offer and it is at your son's discretion as to if he wants to accept it. Maybe I am messing something, but I find it odd that the DA has already made your son an offer before the initial stage of him being given representation and being given a change at getting out on bail.

Nevertheless, I’m terribly sorry about you son’s situation and hope that you are able to get the representation that any all defendants rightfully deserve. My advice would be to find an experienced criminal defense attorney in your city to represent your son.

3. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

3

Answered . Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
    ---------------------------------------- This email was sent by: Avvo, Inc. 1501 4th AveSuite 1900 Seattle, WA, 98101-1588, USA We respect your right to privacy - visit the following URL to view our policy. ( http://click.mail5.avvo.com/?qs=7abe8809d1bb4dd... ) ----------------------------------------

4. Richard Timothy Jones

3

Answered . Witnesses are evidence. With the exception of capital murder a person is entitled to a personal bond if they have been in jail more than 90 days without being indicted.

Www.Austincriminaldefenseattorney.Com
    Austin Jail Release Lawyer
    512-495-1813