My Question is about me and My wife Son who was born with Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome is there a case?

Asked over 4 years ago - Kansas City, MO

hi last year 2009 me and my wife had a son how was born with Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome and he died two days later he was born early only 5 months about 24 weeks, now about a month before we went to get an ultrasound and we was not in the room no longer then 7 mins and the guy did not look at the heart brain, etc for real and he told us it was a girl and we was thinking everything was fine as this was our first child, when he came early and he came out as a boy and not a girl we was thinking ok that happens but then his intest. was on the outside we knew somehing wasn't right, now we know ultrasounds are not 100% but they could have looked a little harder and may found something and they could have listen to her when she kept saying it felt like the baby was in postion, is there a case?

1. Tami Leigh Diebel

Answered . While I do not practice in your state, a medical malpractice case in the U.S. is a difficult case to prove. Even if the person operating the ultrasound had been able to see everything and had told you at the time of the ultrasound, there are no damages to you. I am so sorry for your loss and cannot imagine the grief you and your wife must be experiencing. However, your child likely had this syndrome from conception, and nothing that any of the physicians did or did not do contributed to your injuries. This opinion is based upon the information you provided here and if there is something else that was not said in the synopsis you provided that you feel is important or the key to the case, such as whether a surgery could have been done with the child in utero to save the child? I don't know the answer to that question. I think a medical malpractice case with your facts would be extremely difficult if not impossible to prove. I wish you and your wife much healing after this difficult loss.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now