My question is, will they actually get a warrant for my arrst or wil they drop it? wil i get charged a felony for a slap?

Asked over 1 year ago - Merritt Island, FL

I went to pick up m children at the arrange public meeting place this weekend. When i got there my ex and his gf were their with the children, andhe had apparently bought both of them ice cream. I made me mad so i took the icream from the 5 yr old and threw it away, but her being 5 she threw a fit. His gf then gave tried to give her icream to MY daughter and i got angry and slapped her across the face and left. unfortuneatly based on what i have read recently it can be considerd agravated battery since she is pregnant. I went back to the homeless shelter that i live in with the girls, and they told the plice that came looking that they needed a warrant to come look for me, and they were not permitted to discuss the people living in the shelter.

1. George C. Mangrum

8

Answered . Yes. You basically have confessed to a 15 year felony on the internet where everyone can see. You don't need to say anything else about the facts of the case online or in public. There is no way to know if the cops will get a warrant or not, but cops have gotten warrants for much less. You need to think about hiring an attorney ASAP.

2. Roger Scott Jr.

Pro

8

Answered . You need to stop arguing and listen to what mr mangrum is telling you. You are taking a bad situation and making it worse. Now you are saying that its no big deal. WHEN you go to court, if you continue this way, you will talk your way right into prison. You slapped a pregnant woman for giving your children ice cream? Do you have any clue how bad that sounds? You actually might be smart to seek mental health counseling for your anger management issues. It's one of the few things that you can do right now to try to make the judge have some sympathy for you.

You ARE going to be arrested
    You NEED to be civil and pleasant to the police officers who arrest you
    You MUST keep quiet and not talk to anyone about the case
    You HAVE TO seek help and stop being self righteous about your actions and start helping yourself

Good luck

3. Larry Thomas McMillan

7

Answered . If she is pregnant and you knew it or should have known it, then they can charge you with a felony.

4. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

6

Answered . I respond here as an out-of-state lawyer to say that between the two lawyers who have already responded to your post, you have received exactly the right advice. Put them together and there should be no more question in your mind about this matter. You are not going to get a response that you want to hear. Period.

5. Richard G. Canina

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Hiring a private lawyer is pretty much the best thing you can do for yourself at this point in the game as it seems that your arrest is imminent. It's all about damage control from here on out. Private lawyers get involved IMMEDIATELY in the case. They do not simply wait till charges are formally filed like public defenders do. A private attorney can negotiate with the intake division of the State Attorney's Office and may be able to influence the filing decision (which charges are filed against you). If money is an issue, you can always request a public defender, however, due to their extensive caseloads and work overload, do not expect them to devote the time and effort to your case that a private lawyer would. My office offers free consultations should you be interested in one.

One or more answers have been taken down.