My question is sexual harassment my co worker used very foul language in front of me after i asked him to not do it

Loxley, AL |
Filed under: Workplace harassment

i asked them not to use the word but they still used the f word quiet frequently

You should consult with a local employment attorney about what action(s) you could take. Foul language does not always constitute sexual harassment nor is it always illegal. Speak to an attorney about the details of your employment, your interactions with and observations of this coworker and any knowledge management has of his actions. You can search for an attorney on Avvo or contact the National Employment Lawyers Association for a referral.

This answer is provided for guidance only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. We DO NOT have an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney in your area for a one-on-one consultation before pursuing any action or making any decisions.

If a local lawyer cannot help you, then perhaps you can go the boss or the human resource department and ask, in a nice and professional way, for help in maintaining a productive work environment for you that does not include undue profanity.

Try to be positive if you take that approach.

Not legal advice. Just friendly advice.

David Mallen.

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.

Recommended articles about Employment