My question is : Can a granddaughter sponsor her Grandmother? If possible, How long does it take to bring her to the U.S?

Brooklyn, NY |

My grandmother lives in Honduras. She is getting sick and she needs to see a doctor here, all her family is here. My dad is a resident, but is not legally a U.S Citizen. He has two wait 2 years to become a citizen. I wanted to know what can happen I want to help I have a great job and I would love to help my grandmother as soon as possible. If you can please respond to me, at my email which is miriamgalindo@rocketmail.com please respond to my email. I would love to know. Thanks.

Sorry, there is no granddaughter/grandmother category.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

No you cannot sponsor your grandmother.

My colleagues are correct, you cannot sponsor your grandmother.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.