Skip to main content

My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: Colorado.

Fort Collins, CO |

I am 22 years of age. I am a college student and I wish to be emancipated because of financial education support. I have been living on the streets and providing for myself since age 18. My mother and father refuses to help me! What should I do?

Attorney Answers 1


At 22, you are considered emancipated. Go to your financial aid office and talk to a counselor. They will assist you in filling out the FAFSA.

Mark as helpful

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics