My psychologist did not submit a rebuttal to an Ind.Med.Exam so the disability insurance I've had 6 months is being taken away.

Grosse Ile, MI |

Is this negligence on the part of my psychologist? The rebuttal is expected from him, not me. The insurance sent the letter to him on Dec. 04 2013 notifying him that this was due Jan. 04 2014. This is somewhat ridiculous on part of the insurance company because it was sent during the holidays.

The Independent Medical Exam was a farce. The guy wouldn't even let me finish questions. There was no physical exam at all. The disability is for major depression.

What do I do? Plead to the insurance company for more time? Sue the therapist? This is for approximately $42K benefits of which $10K have been paid out over the past six months.

1. Consult with an experienced disability attorney.

2. A fact or two would be helpful...

3. I agree that you should contact a local disability lawyer and fight for your benefits