Skip to main content

My probation was revoked on unstable grounds, I now face a warrant for PBV/DWI. What should I do?

Amarillo, TX |

I paid most of my fines and completed all my classes. I got caught with a dirty UA for marijuana and I did drive without and interlock to my probation office once. She told me that two of the classes were the same thing but the next month she told me they weren't and I believe that that is illegal entrapment. She has also been quite unproffesional telling me to "get my panties out of wad"??? She extended my probation when I was caught smoking, but is revoking it now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should hire an attorney who will assist you in the revocation proceedings. You need to provide your attorney proof of the allegations you make so that he can bring those issues up at the hearing. Names addresses and telephone numbers of witnesses and originals of any documentation would be very beneficial to your cause. Even if there may have been a factual violation, many times a court will reinstate someone on probation if there are other faults or factors with the probation department.

I would suspect however in your cause, that your probation will not be revoked, but that your probation be modified to include a requirement for substance abuse treatment or sanction. Of course, the court does have the option of revoking your probation and sentencing you to your sentence. Good Luck

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.


You should hire an attorney to negotiate with the DA in an attempt to keep you on probation.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


Probation officers have a great deal of discretion. To determine the usual practice in your county it's important to hire a local lawyer. The State Bar of Texas can help you find one.
Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer