My probation was revoked on unstable grounds, I now face a warrant for PBV/DWI. What should I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Amarillo, TX

I paid most of my fines and completed all my classes. I got caught with a dirty UA for marijuana and I did drive without and interlock to my probation office once. She told me that two of the classes were the same thing but the next month she told me they weren't and I believe that that is illegal entrapment. She has also been quite unproffesional telling me to "get my panties out of wad"??? She extended my probation when I was caught smoking, but is revoking it now?

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

3

Answered . You should hire an attorney to negotiate with the DA in an attempt to keep you on probation.

2. Bart Charles Craytor

2

Answered . You should hire an attorney who will assist you in the revocation proceedings. You need to provide your attorney proof of the allegations you make so that he can bring those issues up at the hearing. Names addresses and telephone numbers of witnesses and originals of any documentation would be very beneficial to your cause. Even if there may have been a factual violation, many times a court will reinstate someone on probation if there are other faults or factors with the probation department.

I would suspect however in your cause, that your probation will not be revoked, but that your probation be modified to include a requirement for substance abuse treatment or sanction. Of course, the court does have the option of revoking your probation and sentencing you to your sentence. Good Luck

3. Richard Timothy Jones

2

Answered . Probation officers have a great deal of discretion. To determine the usual practice in your county it's important to hire a local lawyer. The State Bar of Texas can help you find one.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Probation Lawyer