My prior attorney withdraw from the case (slip & fall) after2 years, Iam not able to find representation what should I do?...

I have a date line in court to find legal representation, but I havent been able until now, in the worst of the case, can I represent myself if I have to go to trial?

Las Vegas, NV -

Donald Curtis Kudler

Donald Curtis Kudler

Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer - Las Vegas, NV

The Prior Attorney is right. The State Bar of Nevada has a lawyer referral service that can be reached at (702) 382-2200. Ask for Lawyer Referral Services. You may represent yourself, but I can't recommend that you do so. When is your court date to, I assume, advise the Court that you have Counsel? Are there issues with outstanding discovery? Is there a Trial Date set? All these will be important to any Attorney who may be willing to step in to represent you.

Hope this helps.

Matt Shipman

Matt Shipman

Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer - Columbia City, IN

I am not licensed to practice in your state but most larger cities have lawyer referral service through their bar association. I would try that, but if you cant find an attorney, you have the right to represent yourself.

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rutland, VT

Anyone can always represent himself, however, I would not recommend it, particularly in a slip and fall type of case. If you currently have a deadline you fear you cannot meet, I suggest that you file a motion with the court to grant you additional time to locate an attorney. The motion should be filed before the deadline is up.

You may wish to call your state Bar Association, Lawyer Referral Service and see if they might be able to suggest some attorneys for you.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.