My previous employer process EB3 but cancelled in the process, can I or other employer continue the process?

The problem is that the previous employer don't want to provide the receipt number, but I know the priority date.

Harrisburg, PA -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (2)

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Yes, another employer can. But you must maintain valid nonimmigrant status until the very day you are admitted into permanent residence if you want to AOS in the US.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

No. Another employer can start a new process but cannot continue the previous one.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.