My Previous employer is not giving my salary and payslips? Please help me..

Albany, NY |

I was working in MN as consultant in ( L2 EAD ) visa . Now I moved to NY due to my husband's job transfer and changed to 4 visa . so now I cannot work . I didn't get my payment while I was in MN - L2 EAD . Vendor told me he didn't process my salary and payslips because my visa status changed from L2 - > H4 . I e mailed him so many times , tried to call him , but he is not picking up my call . How can I informUSCIS about this company ? How will I get my salary AND PAYSLIPS for the work that I did in MN . I have full time sheet approved by my previous client . ? Do I need to contact my previous client ? Thanks

I changed your question from the practice area of immigration to employment/labor. While you were working as a non-immigrant, your issue is not related to your status, but rather a employment/labor dispute.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Great answer!!

This is not an immigration question.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Employment