My position was eliminated because of comment I posted on my Facebook

El Paso, TX |

I posted on my Facebook that why should I devote 10 years of my life to some one who,will question my integrity
Then I posted I should not work for a snob ( comments made to me by owner ) he once told me that he would not advertise with some one because that's what his maid listens to and those people can't afford his cars next morning called in position eliminated only to hire his new wife's niece

Those people shop at walmart they can't afford my cars

1. Those people?

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. So, did you have a legal question?

He? Who he?

His? Who his?

Those people? Who those?

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

3. I am assuming your question is; "Can I be fired over making a facebook post?" -- And the answer is: Texas is an "at will" employment state (with no exceptiions that I could find.) Therefore, a Texas employer may fire an employee for any reason or for no reason.

You should check with an employment lawyer in your locale, but I do not think you have a case for an unlawyful firing.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.