My political Asylum was denied, I am still in status. Would this trigger any RFE for Future Adjustment of Status for I-485 ?

New York, NY |

My political Asylum was denied, I am still in status. Would this trigger any RFE for Future Adjustment of Status for I-485 for green card processing through employment.

No, unlikely as the two applications are independent of each other.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

I highly doubt it. These are separate issues and as long as you maintain your status throughout the pendency of your applications, you should be fine.

William Quirk, Esq. Meehan & Quirk, LLC 354 State Street, Hackensack, New Jersey (201)968-0800 http://www.meehanquirk.com The answers to questions provided by Mr. Quirk are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This information is for informational purposes only and does not form any relationship between the individual asking the question and the attorney. You should investigate and consider all possible outcomes with a skilled individual before making a final decision.

Typically no, unless there was fraud or other impropriety in relation to the Asylum application.

Attorney Khurgel is a former USCIS and State Department Embassy Officer. His comments on Avvo are general advice, and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

It was denied because of inconsistency.

Jeff L. Khurgel

Jeff L. Khurgel

You should discuss this with an immigration attorney in a confidential consultation.

The answer depends on the basis for denial and whether there was a finding by the Immigration Judge (IJ) of a frivolous application. That can be answered only by reviewing your asylum application and the decision of the IJ. You should get yourself to an immigration attorney for a review of your file and an opinion based on a review of all the facts..

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration