My political Asylum was denied, I am still in status. Would this trigger any RFE for Future Adjustment of Status for I-485 ?

Asked 4 months ago - New York, NY

My political Asylum was denied, I am still in status. Would this trigger any RFE for Future Adjustment of Status for I-485 for green card processing through employment.

1. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

2

2

Answered . Typically no, unless there was fraud or other impropriety in relation to the Asylum application.

2. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

2

Answered . The answer depends on the basis for denial and whether there was a finding by the Immigration Judge (IJ) of a frivolous application. That can be answered only by reviewing your asylum application and the decision of the IJ. You should get yourself to an immigration attorney for a review of your file and an opinion based on a review of all the facts..

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

1

1

Answered . No, unlikely as the two applications are independent of each other.

4. William J Quirk

Pro

1

1

Answered . I highly doubt it. These are separate issues and as long as you maintain your status throughout the pendency of your applications, you should be fine.