My po says if I do what I'm tasked I wont go back to jail for my violating?

Asked about 1 year ago - Feasterville, PA

I am being violated for 3 hot swabs, failure to get into treatment, and not paying my restitution on time. My po told me if I do not give anymore got tests, I get into treatment, and I start paying my monthly restitution payments she will not send me back to jail. Since then I have gotten I to an intensive outpatient program, all my swabs are clean, ive obtained a job, and I have been making my payments on time. Any time she has told me she was violating me she has told me to turn myself in so I think shes giving me a change to straighten up. This is my second violation. If I'm doing above and beyond what shes asking should I be worried about going back to jail? I was paroled in march on my first violation. Now that I have finally gotten my life together would they send me back?

1. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . You've obviously got a great deal of experience with this PO and the system in which she functions. It 's good you are doing what you have been requested to do; that is your best hope for avoiding a violation, but you know as well as I do that it is up to her in the first instance whether you are violated. There is nothing you can do at this point other than what you are supposed to do. Good luck.

2. Theodor Kaplun

5

Answered . Keep your head up and do what the PO asked you to do and you should be good, best of luck.

3. Christopher Edwin Miller

4

Answered . If you have done everything she asked you to do, and she told you she would not recommend jail time, then she probably won't. Keep in mind that the judge has final say if the PO asks for a hearing.

4. Ryan Michael Davidson

Pro

2

Answered . Rule of thumb: if you do what your PO tells you to do, you're going to be okay. Contrary to popular belief most POs are not actually in the business of deliberately throwing their clients under the bus. It definitely happens from time to time, but in the vast majority of cases, if you work with your PO, they'll work with you.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.