My petitioner was asked to fill out an AOS but I will have a joint sponsor. Do both of them need to fill out an AOS? ---F2A Visa

the NVC recently sent us an email requesting an AOS from my petitioner bus as she hasn't had a job lately we will have a joint sponsor who has enough income to be our sponsor. We are really confused about which AOS to send I-864, I-864W, I-864EZ. I am currently in my country in south america and she's in California. Thanks for your help. F2A Visa

The petitioner must always file an affidavit of support - even if there will be joint or co-sponsors.

2. The petitioner always has to file I-864. If her/his income is insufficient s/he may use a co-sponsor who also has to file I-864. If it is a member of the sponsor's house hold, then this member has to file I-864A.

3. "We are really confused about which AOS to send I-864, I-864W, I-864EZ. I am currently in my country in south america and she's in California. Thanks for your help."
    Retain a local reputable professional counsel of your choice to complete the case efficiently and correctly.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602