My petition in LA superior court probate was denied without predjudice. how long do I have to re-open the case

Bend, OR |
Filed under: Estate planning

.

Do you mean that the Probate judge dismissed your Petition without prejudice? If so, you would likely be able to refile the Petition, so long as the defects contained in your first Petition have been corrected. Probate Petitions, even where there are applicable judicial counsel forms, can be complicated. I would recommend that you have a Probate attorney review your documents so that you can avoid any further problems with your Petition.

In order to respond fully to your question, more information is needed.The answer here could depend on the basis for your Probate Petition, the actual court ruling, and the applicable statute of limitations. I would recommend that you re-post with additional information.
___________________________________________________
Disclaimer: The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. My responses are intended to provide general information about the question posted.

The information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for conferring with or hiring a competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your state.

If by "LA" you mean Los Angeles or Louisiana, you should post your question in those sections, rather than in the Oregon section.

Wills and estates topics