My petition for my father was denied because of lack of evidence to prove , is there still a chance to change their decision?

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Immigration

the immigration was asking for emotional and financial support from my father but i cant show them much, but we really lived together for maybe a total of 5-7 years , what should i do?

Not enough information. How old are you and at what age did you live with your father? Are tax returns available? How about school records? Affidavit from your mother and others? Do consul an experienced immigration attorney for assistance.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info

Even though you haven't really given us much to 'go on'. It appears that you are using the illegitimate child provision of the law.

Meet with an attorney ... this is a tricky type of case.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Not enough facts to answer the question.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Meet with an attorney. Petitioning for your father who never married your mother (I am assuming that is the situation here), is never an easy or straightforward case.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104