My personal injury case is now 14 months in and my lawyer finally recieved the video of the accident and he says that it is good

Asked 10 months ago - Bronx, NY

My question is now he will set up the deposition what normally happens after that

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

12

Answered . Your lawyer should explain the process. Receiving the video is no easy feat. However, the usual rule is that when a defendant discloses the video it is not helpful or of no consequence. When it is helpful the video miraculously was not preserved, was inadvertently erased or the computer crashed. Amazing!

2. Craig A. Post

10

Answered . Have you asked your attorney? Are you skeptical about what you've been told? This is a very basic question best addressed by your lawyer.

3. Jason Todd Studinski

10

Answered . Consult with your lawyer about the process. He or she should be able to walk you through the process step by step. Good luck.

4. Eric Edward Rothstein

8

Answered . Both sides get deposed, you see thei doctors and the case goes on the trial calendar. Maybe they move to dismiss. Your lawyer is in the best position to give you specifics.

5. Philip Anthony Fabiano

7

Answered . The other side will take your deposition--your testimony under oath. THe deposition will cover your background, how the incident occurred, the treatment you are receiving and how this injury affects your life. The motive of the defendant in taking your deposition will not be to gather this information but rather to find a way to destroy your case. Your lawyer will prepare you for this deposition. If you want a head start, google how to prepare for a deposition.
    Your attorney will take the deposition of the defendant(s) in an effort to pin down liability.

6. Gary Jay Mandel

5

Answered . 14 months is not that long of a period to obtain a video of an accident. Videos are not always easy to obtain. You state in your question that you have an attorney and he should be able to answer your basic questions as to the legal process. Remember he is working for you and you should not shy away from asking him questions regarding your claim.

Pro

6

Answered . Most likely

8. Michael A. Rose

Pro

2

Answered . The defendants deposition will take place and further specifics will depend on the evidence in your case, the only person who can answer that is your attorney.

9. Michael R Crosner

3

Answered . Schedule a face to face meeting with your attorney so you can fully discuss your questions and concerns. Good luck

10. Mitchell Jan Birzon

Pro

1

Answered . All parties will probably be deposed. Then there will be a pre trial conference which ultimately results in the case being put on the trial calendar.The possibility of settling your claim always exists. Ask your attorney to view the video together. Also ask for his/ her to assess fault( liability) and discuss the value of your injuries and any economic loss. You should discuss whether there will be a need to hire experts-accident reconstruction, medical,,economists etc.

11. Michael R Varble, Esq.

Pro

Answered . Independent medical examinations