My personal injury case is now 14 months in and my lawyer finally recieved the video of the accident and he says that it is good

Bronx, NY |

My question is now he will set up the deposition what normally happens after that

Your lawyer should explain the process. Receiving the video is no easy feat. However, the usual rule is that when a defendant discloses the video it is not helpful or of no consequence. When it is helpful the video miraculously was not preserved, was inadvertently erased or the computer crashed. Amazing!

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

Consult with your lawyer about the process. He or she should be able to walk you through the process step by step. Good luck.

Have you asked your attorney? Are you skeptical about what you've been told? This is a very basic question best addressed by your lawyer.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.

Both sides get deposed, you see thei doctors and the case goes on the trial calendar. Maybe they move to dismiss. Your lawyer is in the best position to give you specifics.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

The other side will take your deposition--your testimony under oath. THe deposition will cover your background, how the incident occurred, the treatment you are receiving and how this injury affects your life. The motive of the defendant in taking your deposition will not be to gather this information but rather to find a way to destroy your case. Your lawyer will prepare you for this deposition. If you want a head start, google how to prepare for a deposition.
Your attorney will take the deposition of the defendant(s) in an effort to pin down liability.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

Most likely

Schedule a face to face meeting with your attorney so you can fully discuss your questions and concerns. Good luck

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

14 months is not that long of a period to obtain a video of an accident. Videos are not always easy to obtain. You state in your question that you have an attorney and he should be able to answer your basic questions as to the legal process. Remember he is working for you and you should not shy away from asking him questions regarding your claim.

The defendants deposition will take place and further specifics will depend on the evidence in your case, the only person who can answer that is your attorney.

All parties will probably be deposed. Then there will be a pre trial conference which ultimately results in the case being put on the trial calendar.The possibility of settling your claim always exists. Ask your attorney to view the video together. Also ask for his/ her to assess fault( liability) and discuss the value of your injuries and any economic loss. You should discuss whether there will be a need to hire experts-accident reconstruction, medical,,economists etc.

The responses provided to your questions are not legal advice, do not create any attorney client relationship, and are provided for informational purposes only.

Independent medical examinations

The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.