My parked car was hit by a Home Depot rental truck. Ive been trying to collect from Home Depot but keep getting the run around.

Asked over 1 year ago - Floral Park, NY

Someone was kind enough to get the plate number. Home Depot did acknowledge it was there truck. But everytime I call or go to Home Depot I am told the Corporate office will get back to me. What can I do?

1. Alfred Charles Laub

Pro

5

Answered . Depending on the amount of the claim, the best approach is to run - don't walk - to your local town court or small claims court and immediately file a claim. Make certain to have an estimate available to support your claim. Your own insurance company may help you with that so, I suggest you call your broker.

The problem with filing under your own collision coverage (if you have it available) is that you will still be subject to your own deductible. Good Luck.

2. Yefim Rubinov

3

Answered . File a lawsuit

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . They are a pain to deal with. If you have collission insurance it will be easier to make a claim and let your insurance carrier subrogate against Home Depot. Do you have the police accident report? If the truck was rented by someone the driver may have his/her own insurance. The insurance company code is on the report and you can get the name of the carrier here:

http://dfs.ny.gov/insurance/dmvindex.htm#dmvnum

If all else fails, you can sue Home Depot for the property damage. There attorneys in New York are a firm named D'Amato & Lynch.

Pro

3

Answered . Have your own insurance resolve it, or go to small claims court.

5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

2

Answered . File a police report on the incident. The officer will identify the insurance carrier for Home Depot. File your claim against the insurance carrier for Home Depot.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.