My parents were deported 6 years ago and I am now going to turn 21. My question is how long will it take for them to come back?

Asked over 2 years ago - Carrollton, TX

I spoke to a immigration officer a year ago and he told me that if it was there first time getting deported then they only have a 5 year bar that they have to compelte. Is that true?

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

6

Answered . We would need additional information concerning their case such as grounds for removal. even if oyu sponsor htem they will have ot apply for a waiver.

2. Dean P Murray

4

Answered . You should consult with an immigration attorney. It would depend on the reasons for their removal. Many attorneys offer free consultations. Shop around. Find one with whom you are comfortable working.

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Depends on why they were deported and how long it takes to obtain the necessary waivers.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

4. Jeffrey Adam Devore

3

Answered . Generally speaking when one is deported the period of inadmissibility is 10 years, but there are exceptions to this rule. The answer to your question, however, really depends on why your parents were deported. If they were unlawfully present in the U.S. in excess of 1 year prior to their deportation they they are inadmissible for 10 years and will require a waiver of inadmissibility. This requires that they have a parent or spouse who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. Children such as yourself do not qualify.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the case in detail and advise you of the optons available and advise you how best to proceed.

-----------
    Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney
    Devore Law Group, P.A.
    2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
    Telephone: (561) 478-5353
    Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
    Skype: jeffrey.a.devore
    email: jdevore@devorelawgroup.com
    web: www.devorelawgroup.com

5. Robert West

2

Answered . Probably another 4 years. They also have a 10 year bar.