My parents want to get their visa and i had my medical cannibis card will it make it difficult for them to obtain it?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fullerton, CA

I had it at one point i was just wondering if i renew it will this make it hard for them to get their visa? i know it stays on my permenent record but does this make it look bad and will it count against us

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Your having had any "medical cannabis card" or not will not have any effect on or make any difference on your parents' being able to obtain visitors visas to the US. Your parents' applications will be approved or denied based on their own merits of proving "substantial ties" to their home country, their ability to support themselves while visiting the US, as well as their "intent" to return home after a temporary visit to the U.S.

2. Meredith Riley Brown

1

Answered . If you are a US citizen, you could petition for them so they could immigrate to the US. The visitor's visa is simply a function of whether an immigrant will just come and visit and then return to live in their country. Give us a call to schedule a consultation to discuss your options. But I agree that your medical cannibis card has nothing to do with your parents' situation.

3. Belen Teresa Gomez

1

Answered . I agree with my collegues. Prescription medicine obtained lawfully does not affect your ability to petition for family members to get their lawful permanent resident status or their ability to get a tourist visa to visit you in the U.S.