My parents are currently legal guardians of my 4 nieces and nephew. What can I do to take over the guardianships?

Asked 9 months ago - San Jose, CA

Hi, my parents are currently legal guardian of my nieces and nephew due to their mom left them at a young age. Now that my parents are getting older and I don't want to act last minute. So I'm concern that the kids will be in foster care if no one step up. What legal right or advice of what I should take in order for me to take them under my care? Even though the mom is still here, but she are not capable of caring for her own kids. Can my parents have the right to assign the kids to me in advance? They are still well to still care for the kids.

1. David Alexander Yomtov

Pro

1

Answered . You can file a petition to have the guardianship transferred over to you. It would be helpful if your parents are in agreement.