My outside workers compensation attorney representing me what will she be fighting for I was denied workers compensation

Asked over 1 year ago - Fayetteville, NC

I waited and work for 10 straight days waiting to see if my workers compensation would get approved for not then it was denied

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If your claim has been denied, you need to consult with a NC licensed workers' comp attorney. That attorney will negotiate with the insurance carrier to see if he or she can get them to accept the claim and, if that doesn't work, either negotiate with the insurance carrier to settle the matter or take the claim to a hearing and get a ruling from the Industrial Commission. An experienced attorney will be able to discuss all these options with you, along with possible time frames for resolution.

    This communication is not intended to establish a lawyer-client relationship. Any advice is intended for the... more
  2. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Not sure what "outside" attorney is, but if you have an attorney you should direct all questions to them. when the claim is denied you should discuss moving forward with the claim with your attorney.

  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I do not understand your question. What is an "outside WC attorney?" If you have an attorney, that attorney is in the best position to tell you what happened and why. 10 days is an incredibly short time for ANYTHING to happen in a WC claim.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr.... more
  4. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . An atty can see why the insurance company denied the claim and go from there. They may need medical records or other information that the atty can provide to get the claim admitted. See an attorney that does primarily workers compensation in your area.

Related Topics

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

38,127 answers this week

3,951 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

38,127 answers this week

3,951 attorneys answering