My original prenuptial agreement was drawn up without schedule B. Can it still be considered valid in court?

Sharpsburg, GA |
Filed under: Divorce

No schedule B. So, no information about liabilities were disclosed at the time of signing.

Now, this is a different question: There never was a schedule B. In that case, you have a prenup that doesn't cover everything that it should have. Well, Mr. Ashman is still right that some competent lawyer needs to assess the situation based on what you DO have.

2. The answer has not changed in the hour since you last posted. The only person who can assess the validity of a prenuptial is someone who has read the whole document and also knows what has happened since. That means, as you have already been told, that you should already be in your lawyer's office. Give that the urgent attention it requires.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.