My optometrist had my vision even worse after I walked out of his office with glasses: twice!!

Asked almost 2 years ago - Studio City, CA

After an exam, and a expensive set of glasses, I called and made a new appointment, and explained I was having bad headaches, and my vision was always blurry. He gave me a completely new prescription, and my eyesight continued to be worse, and the headaches continued. I went to new Optometrist, she explained: "I have NO IDEA, how he gave you such a wrong prescription, and it makes me concerned for his patients." My headaches caused me lots of pain and my total costs are through the roof. I would like to sue for malpractice, and the costs I had to arbitrarily spend due to his horrible diagnosis TWICE.

1. Sean Michael Patrick

6

Answered . Unfortunately these facts don't make for a good medical malpractice suit. You could contact the doctor (or insurance if you had insurance) and demand your money back. Chances are you have an uphill battle ahead. Best of luck.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

6

Answered . You can make a complaint to the CA Board of Optometry here: http://www.optometry.ca.gov/formspubs/complaint...

The Board can investigate and can bring disciplinary charges and revoke the license if the investigation reveals unprofessional practice. In some cases, the Board will enforce a reimbursement order.

Pro

6

Answered . The costs of a lawsuit, would likely exceed the recovery, but you say your costs were through the roof, so retain a local med mal lawyer to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com