My optometrist had my vision even worse after I walked out of his office with glasses: twice!!

Studio City, CA |

After an exam, and a expensive set of glasses, I called and made a new appointment, and explained I was having bad headaches, and my vision was always blurry. He gave me a completely new prescription, and my eyesight continued to be worse, and the headaches continued. I went to new Optometrist, she explained: "I have NO IDEA, how he gave you such a wrong prescription, and it makes me concerned for his patients." My headaches caused me lots of pain and my total costs are through the roof. I would like to sue for malpractice, and the costs I had to arbitrarily spend due to his horrible diagnosis TWICE.

1. Unfortunately these facts don't make for a good medical malpractice suit. You could contact the doctor (or insurance if you had insurance) and demand your money back. Chances are you have an uphill battle ahead. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

2. The costs of a lawsuit, would likely exceed the recovery, but you say your costs were through the roof, so retain a local med mal lawyer to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. You can make a complaint to the CA Board of Optometry here: http://www.optometry.ca.gov/formspubs/complaint.pdf

The Board can investigate and can bring disciplinary charges and revoke the license if the investigation reveals unprofessional practice. In some cases, the Board will enforce a reimbursement order.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.