Skip to main content

My OPT just expired on feb 15th. My husband is f-1 student. Could my husband apply for f-2 for me in my grace period?

Melbourne, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

I know I could stay here for two months after my OPT is expired. However, when my husband apply for f-2 for me in the grace period, I could stay in US or I have to go back to China to go through Embassy?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You can file I-539 to change status while in your grace period.

  2. You can apply for change to F2

  3. yes; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics