My OPT ends in August. What can I do to get an OPT STEM extension when my program is mis-classified (wrong CIP code)?

Asked over 1 year ago - Richmond, VA

The program is in the process of having the CIP Code corrected but that will not happen until after my OPT ends. What options do I have to extend my stay until this situation is resolved?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Talk to DSO

2. Haroen Calehr

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Essentially, the DSO needs to rectify this issue and they can request an expedite in the SEVIS system especially if they caused the erroneous CIP code they ought to do the right thing and be compelled to straighten the issue out. Good luck.

3. Alena Shautsova

Pro

3

Answered . You will need to figure it out with your school representative.