My old Job is appealing my unemployment benefits after i received them. Do i have to pay the money back? In florida

Tampa, FL |

My job where i got fired from is appealing my benefits after i was receiving them for about 2 months, I didnt know they could do it so late. Im doing a phone conference with them and having a person from the unemployment office to act as a referee to decide. Do i have to pay them back the money they gave me if found in their favor?

1. You may have to return the funds to Unemployment if your employer wins.

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices. Bstein@dcfsz.com, 305 377 1505