My now ex boyfriend used my debit bank card when we were together after on numerous occasions i told him to stop using it but

Asked almost 3 years ago - Lynnwood, WA

later on i looked at bank statements and it showed he kept using it after i told him not to(this bank card only has my name and my authorisation for me only) getting fed up with him using it and spending my fortnightly pay continuously i went to go grab it out of his wallet and he then assaulted me..after that i was scared that he would assault me again so i applied for a new card..can i get him for fraud

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Robert Daniel Kelly


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You need to ask the bank to cancel the old card. Your case might be just, but it might be hard to prove. Physically trying to grab the card was a mistake.

    [In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does... more
  2. Scott Weymouth Lawrence


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . What you describe are crimes. He could be charged with theft and assault. If convicted he would be ordered to pay you back for your losses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,260 answers this week

2,977 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,260 answers this week

2,977 attorneys answering