My now boyfriend want to apply for his permanent resident.

Asked about 1 year ago - Bradenton, FL

My now boyfriend want to apply for his permanent resident he has 8 to 10 years being in this country we are planning to get marry I am a us citizen do we have to wait some kind of time married to apply for his permanent resident will it help him get it more faster because he marry me what can I do where do I go and how long will It take to get him his permanent resident .

He came to this country illegally

1. John Grayson Davidson

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . Before answering the question, I would need to know if he came in legally or illegally?

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com
  2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . You can petition him as soon as you are married. What needs to be done depends on how he entered the US.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Jason Paul Ramos

Answered . The main question that needs to be answered here is how did your boyfriend enter the U.S.? (did he enter without inspection by an immigration officer?; did overstay his visa?) That, along with other relevant factors, will be determinative of the course of action to follow towards achieving the goal of permanent residency.