My nieghbor is harrassing me and my family

El Cajon, CA |

hi i have a problem.
my next door nieghbor has been harrassin my mom, me and my wife for 6 months. Everything from, virbal abuse, small vandolism, and has had the police called by us, twice. She has a history of being in a mental institution. Even has had numerous complaints from the condo company and the other nieghbors next to us. What we have done already is file a Ceist and Desist order on her and have audio of her recieving it. The cops told us, they cant do anything, because its not illegal to yell at us or break her ceist and desist order. It has came to the point where we cant go outside without conferntation and has place my wife and family in a stressful environment.
What can we do?

You should file for a CIVIL HARASSMENT restraining order.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Here’s a link to get you started with civil harassment:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/protection/civharass.htm

Best of luck to you.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.