Skip to main content

My niecce wants me to come and get her kids. She is in MIssouri and I am in Florida. I have adopted one of her sons already.

Plant City, FL |
Filed under: Family law

The father is in prsion and she can not care fo rthem. If I took the kids just to care for, not apdopt is that legal as long as she give me the rights? She has custody of the kids, there is no agreement with the dad. The grandmother from the dad side is trying to take the boy only. They are too poor to provide for him. The duaghter has his name on the bc but is not the biological father.

Attorney Answers 2


Yes this can be done either in FL court or MO court. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

Mark as helpful


There are some hoops that you need to jump through but it can be done. Please feel free to contact me at 904-443-7770 for a free, no obligation consultation.

This information is provided as a public service to provide a general answer and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics