My next door neighbor's tree fell onto my property damaging my house. Will his insurance cover the clean up and repairs?

Asked over 1 year ago - Goodrich, TX

I spoke with a pro tree removal man who said their insurance may call it an "Act of God", and may not pay. I spoke to the neighbor politely and he said he would call his insurance. Thank you

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Robert M Lorey

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Somebody's insurance should pay. If you have not already done so, assuming that you have a homeowner's or renter's insurance policy yourself, you should immediately notify your insurance company of the event. Today.

    If you get to the point where the two insurance companies are fighting with each other over which one of them should pay you can rest fairly securely that you will get paid for your losses. They will come to a compromise "over your head" and you should not really be required to do anything else. This is why you have paid for the insurance after all. Make them do the work for a change.

    Good luck!

  2. Cheryl Rivera Smith

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Their insurance should pay. If not, you should contact a local attorney.

Related Topics

Renter's insurance

Renter's insurance protects a renter's belongings from loss or damage and also covers liability in certain circumstances. Landlords can require you to carry it.

Edmund Alonso Normand

Renter's Need Insurance Too

For individuals who are currently renting their home, whether it be a condo, apartment, or house, renter's insurance is an invaluable, and often overlooked necessity. Many people assume... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,649 answers this week

3,570 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,649 answers this week

3,570 attorneys answering