My new boyfriend is getting a divorce and on parole. His parole was granted in Texas and he lives here in Ca.

Apple Valley, CA |

We want to move in together. We are in a serious relationship and plan to be married one day. He is concerned this will violate his parole. We want to do things right. Is it possible for us to live together? I have no record at all not even traffic tickets and I have a good job.

He served 22 years in prison and has been on parole for just over 2 years and is working 2 jobs. He was granted parole for life for a charge of capital attempted murder. He was only 19 at the time and is doing very well now. I hope one day we can get his parole pardoned

The answer to your question depends on the terms of your boyfriend's parole. Your boyfriend needs to check with his attorney in Texas.

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal questions can only be fully answered through consultation with an attorney to whom you give full and accurate details. Anything you post here is not confidential and is not protected by the attorney-client relationship. It is highly recommended that you seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting.

Your boyfriend should ask his parole officer. That is what they are there for. The parole officer will be able to tell him if there is any problems with your plans. Congratulations on your marriage plans.

Have him contact his prior attorney for further discussion.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.