My new boyfriend is getting a divorce and on parole. His parole was granted in Texas and he lives here in Ca.

Asked 12 months ago - Apple Valley, CA

We want to move in together. We are in a serious relationship and plan to be married one day. He is concerned this will violate his parole. We want to do things right. Is it possible for us to live together? I have no record at all not even traffic tickets and I have a good job.

Additional information

He served 22 years in prison and has been on parole for just over 2 years and is working 2 jobs. He was granted parole for life for a charge of capital attempted murder. He was only 19 at the time and is doing very well now. I hope one day we can get his parole pardoned

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Greg Thomas Hill

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Your boyfriend should ask his parole officer. That is what they are there for. The parole officer will be able to tell him if there is any problems with your plans. Congratulations on your marriage plans.

  2. Michael Kevin Cernyar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Have him contact his prior attorney for further discussion.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice... more
  3. Brian K Wanerman

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The answer to your question depends on the terms of your boyfriend's parole. Your boyfriend needs to check with his attorney in Texas.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,708 answers this week

3,002 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,708 answers this week

3,002 attorneys answering