My new attorney who recently took over my estate case seems to be advocating for the other side instead of for me. Suggestions?

Asked over 4 years ago - Pleasanton, CA

My first estate attorney was working on my mother's estate but had to pull out due to ill health.My case was then assigned to another attorney he brought on board. There are many serious issues such as the discovery that my stepfather/son had been stealing from my mother's various investment accounts for years.My mother had dementia and had no idea this was going on. The amount of money stolen from the accounts is substantial and there is plenty of evidence. One of the large investment firms has resisted /ignored my demands that they return the exact amount of shares stolen. I know exactly why they won't return the shares but my new attorney has bought into their BS and is arguing with me over it. There isn't time or the money to start over with another attorney. Any suggestions please?

1. R. Sebastian Gibson

1

1

Answered . Since you don't have the time or the money to change attorneys, as you state, you are going to need to hash this out with your current lawyer.