Skip to main content

My nephew was arrested for false imprisonment and domestic violence enhancement.

Fort Collins, CO |

He and his girlfriend had an argument and when she tried to leave he picked up and they fell down. He then tried to pull her back into the house and she hit her head on the door jamb. After she did leave he followed her in his car. She called her mother who instructed her to go to the police station parking lot. Once they were parked he got into the car with her and they were discussing what happened. During this time her mother called the police station and told them that her daughter was in the parking lot. The police came out and arrested my nephew. His hearing is tomorrow afternoon. Does he need a lawyer?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Yes, please contact a criminal defense attorney now. I will repost this in criminal for you. Take care. I am sure it will all work out. make not statments and get a good local Fort Collins attny.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

  2. Yes, he most definitely does ! Assuming your nephew has no prior criminal history, these are are charges that can seriously blemish his record into the future. Counsel, who can effectively present his case is essential.

  3. Oh yes, he needs a lawyer. The facts described could support any of a range of additional charges including assault and stalking. He needs to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney asap, and if he cannot afford one, then he should be represented by the public defender's office. His case should not be discussed with anyone but his attorney.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in a free consultation with Mr. Bryans, call The Bryans Law Office at (303) 832-2930.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics