My nephew was arrested for false imprisonment and domestic violence enhancement.

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Collins, CO

He and his girlfriend had an argument and when she tried to leave he picked up and they fell down. He then tried to pull her back into the house and she hit her head on the door jamb. After she did leave he followed her in his car. She called her mother who instructed her to go to the police station parking lot. Once they were parked he got into the car with her and they were discussing what happened. During this time her mother called the police station and told them that her daughter was in the parking lot. The police came out and arrested my nephew. His hearing is tomorrow afternoon. Does he need a lawyer?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

3

7

Answered . Yes, please contact a criminal defense attorney now. I will repost this in criminal for you. Take care. I am sure it will all work out. make not statments and get a good local Fort Collins attny.

2. Richard Waldron Bryans Jr.

3

Answered . Oh yes, he needs a lawyer. The facts described could support any of a range of additional charges including assault and stalking. He needs to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney asap, and if he cannot afford one, then he should be represented by the public defender's office. His case should not be discussed with anyone but his attorney.

3. Douglas Holbrook

3

Answered . Yes, he most definitely does ! Assuming your nephew has no prior criminal history, these are are charges that can seriously blemish his record into the future. Counsel, who can effectively present his case is essential.