My neighbor's unit is leaking into mine, and he won't do much about it. What legal action should I be taking?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

I live in a Condo building, where I am on the first floor, and there is one unit above me. The upstairs unit has been leaking into my storage unit for about a year (on and off). It is leaking directly into my brand new hot water heater as well. He refuses to call a plumber, and insists on trying to fix it himself, which doesn't seem to resolve the issue. I believe this is very careless, and since I'm looking to sell my house soon, I n eed to have this resolved.

I should add - that this truly is my fiance's property not mine, and he currently doesn't have homeowner's insurance on the property, nor does the neighbor. So, filing an insurance claim at this point is not an option. (Otherwise, we would have already gone down this route)

1. James S. Tupitza

Answered . Is the water passing through a common element before reaching your fiancee's apartment? If so get the association involved. This kind of problem should be worked out between neighbors. You can file an action asking the court to enjoin him from allowing his water to flow to you.