My neighbor is video taping my kids from his backyard. Is this an invasion of privacy since my kids are on our private property

York, PA |

He has called the cops for noise complaints at 8pm at night even though we were well within our rights. No he has been calling saying the my kids playing basketball annoys him.

He is allowed to video anyone in a public area. It comes down to whether they had an expectation of privacy. If it's repeatedly done, it might rise to the level of harassment but even then it can be rebutted by the neighbor as having a legitimate purpose (ie collecting evidence of alleged for a nuisance claim)

All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.

Video recording laws topics

Recommended articles about Video recording laws