My neighbor is verbally harassing us for several years now. We share an easement which they own but we have rights to egress

Westbury, NY |

And ingress. How do you obtain an order of protection for verbal harassment in NY. They are the neighbors you never, ever want. What is the procedure for obtaining an order of protection? Cost? Do you have to go to court for such?

1. Go to criminal court to seek an order of protection.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. Call the police if you feel threatened and/or contact the Criminal Court if you wish to obtain an Order of Protection. Fees differ amongst attorneys. It is highly recommended that you retain one in the event you decide to take action.

3. Your best bet is to consult in person with a local attorney. It can be very difficult to get an Order of Protection for "name calling." If you file Harassment charges and the neighbor fights them and wins, you could be subject to a malicious prosecution claim.

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not establish an attorney-client relationship. www.PatchogueAttorney.com You should not rely upon free legal advice and I disclaim any liability for the results if you do.