Skip to main content

My neighbor is threatening towards me. What can I do?

Windermere, FL |

She claims that I or someone here at our house has hit her fence, over four years ago, and she has posted all these signs out on the fence, flashers, boards to delineate her property, and she comes at me and other neighbors in a very threatening manner.

Attorney Answers 4


There really isn't much you can do about psycholtic neighbors, but if she assaults (assault means to realistically put you in fear because of a threat that she can immediately carry out) two times and you can prove both times (hopefully with witnesses or video or audiotape where she knows you're aping her), you can take an injunction out against her. Of course, injunctions don't always stop crazy people.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Mr. Rose is correct. If I gets out of control and you have to legally sufficient acts of violence within six months, you can file am injunction or have lawyer assist you with it..

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Document all acts of violence, speak to an attorney, and see if there is sufficient grounds to file for an injunction.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-377-6828. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You may want to try security cameras on your home, but do not video your neighbor's property. Security cameras sometimes help stop the insanity because the neighbors realize they are being videotaped and it could be used against them.

This communication is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is always recommended you consult an attorney in person to discuss your case. The Law Offices of Stage & Associates practices state-wide and represents homeowners and community associations. Please visit our website at

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics