My neighbor is making false claims that I do drugs and calls me very bad names and accuses me of false things

Asked over 2 years ago - Aberdeen, WA

m neighbor and I have been have a noise desput since she moved in many times to police and others she has told made up storys about me doing drugs tell people that I am a bad name and many other fowl names then makes up storys of me doing things to her which are not true at all and tells police and others that I have mental health problems IE I am bipolar sico ect.... I dont know how to stop it or what my legal rights are please help me

1. Dave Hawkins

Pro

Answered . Defamation is very difficult to prove and it is an expensive procedure. In order to prevail, you would have to prove that you have suffered economic damages because of the statement published to third parties. I'm relatively sure you would spend more trying to prove your case than any damages you might recover.

You might trying getting an anti-harassment order in place -- much simpler procedure.

Hope this helps